Harbor Pest Control has its beginning in 1948 with Sid Davis in Point Loma, California. Sid, who was a teacher at Dana Junior High, started his pest business in the summer months when he wasn’t teaching. The needs in San Diego County for pest services grew, along with Sid’s interest in growing his company. In 1974, PCOC legend – John Morgenroth and his wife Kate bought Harbor Pest Control. While continuing to service the pest needs of San Diego, a marine and quarantine fumigation department was formed in response to growing ship, yacht and quarantine work. The Morgenroth’s molded Harbor into a very successful family owned business that always put their customers first. When it came time for their retirement, the Morgenroths could have gotten a big check from one of the larger national companies in the area, but instead their decision was to keep the company with a single owner and put their faith in the capable hands of Greg and Mary Augustine.